Saturday, October 22, 2011

When You've Loved Someone for so Long...

 
When you've loved someone for so long, it's almost effortless to fall back into old patterns. It's so easy to recall old glimpses of his face. It's so easy to search for old photos, old journal entries that made me shiver, and old moments that meant the world to me. And yes, it's so easy to put that person back on the pedestal, the same one where I kicked him off.

When you've loved someone for so long, it's so easy to forget why you swore off him in the first place. It's so easy to forget the years I spent wallowing. It's so easy to forget the pain he had caused me the moment I let myself believe there was a higher power bringing us together.

Science tells us that negative emotions are the easiest to recall because they imprint so much so easily; that's why we can never fully forget the names of the people who have wronged us, and why it's so hard to forgive sometimes. But when you've loved someone irrationally for so long, it takes so little to forget why you hated him to the core.

When you've loved someone for so long, it's so easy to think that the universe never stopped working to bring you back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment